Muhammad Saqib Sohail
Email: mssohail (at) connect (dot) ust (dot) hk
- 2020: PhD in Electronic and Computer Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
Thesis: A stochastic framework for inference of population genetics parameters from time-series genomic data
- 2008: MS in Electrical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabi
Thesis: Adaptive algorithms for channel estimation: Using a priori information for optimal design
- 2005: BSc in Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
- 7 Journal papers
- 8 Conference papers
- 2 Patents
- 1 Book chapter
M. S. Sohail^=, R. H. Y. Louie^=, M. R. McKay, and J. P. Barton, ”Resolving genetic linkage reveals patterns of selection in HIV-1 evolution”, accepted in Nature Biotechnology.
M. S. Sohail, A. A. Quadeer, M. R. McKay, ”How genetic sequence data can guide vaccine design”, IEEE Potentials, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 31-37, 2020.
A. Ali, M. Masood, M. S. Sohail, S. Al-Ghadhban, and T. Y. Al-Naffouri, ”Narrowband interference mitigation in SC-FDMA using Bayesian sparse recovery”, IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing, vol. 62, no. 24, pp. 6471-6488, Dec 2016.
T. Y. Al-Naffouri, A. Dahman, M. S. Sohail, W. Xu, and B. Hassibi, “Low complexity blind equalization for OFDM systems with general constellations”, IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 6395-6407, Dec 2012.
M. S. Sohail, T. Y. Al-Naffouri, “An EM based frequency domain channel estimation algorithm for multi-user OFDM systems”, Signal Processing, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 1562-1572, May 2010.
Honors and awards
- Sep. 2013 – Aug. 2017: Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), Hong Kong
- Sep. 2006 – Aug. 2008: MSc Scholarship from King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Teaching excellence certificate (lab instructor) for year 2012 in Electrical Engineering Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals.