Muhammad Saqib Sohail
Email: mssohail (at) connect (dot) ust (dot) hk
- 2020: PhD in Electronic and Computer Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
Thesis: A stochastic framework for inference of population genetics parameters from time-series genomic data
- 2008: MS in Electrical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabi
Thesis: Adaptive algorithms for channel estimation: Using a priori information for optimal design
- 2005: BSc in Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
- 7 Journal papers
- 8 Conference papers
- 2 Patents
- 1 Book chapter
M. S. Sohail, R. H. Y. Louie, M. R. McKay, and J. P. Barton, ” Resolving genetic linkage reveals patterns of selection in HIV-1 evolution’, under review.
M. S. Sohail, A. A. Quadeer, M. R. McKay, ”How genetic sequence data can guide vaccine design”, IEEE Potentials, accepted.
Honors and awards
- Sep. 2013 – Aug. 2017: Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), Hong Kong
- Sep. 2006 – Aug. 2008: MSc Scholarship from King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia