Syed Faraz Ahmed
- June 2011: Completed MS in Electrical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Dec 2007: Completed BE in Electronic Engineering, NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
- Oct 2011 – July 2016
Worked as Engineer (Analyst) at the Center for Communications & IT Research Center of Research Institute, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Oct 2008 – Sep 2011
Worked as Research Assistant at Electrical Engineering Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Jan 2008 – Sep 2008
Worked as Assistant Manager at the Imaging Payload Systems Laboratory of Satellite Research and Development Center, Space & Upper Atmosphere Research Commission, Karachi, Pakistan
- Tarig Ballal, T. Y. Al-Naffouri and Syed Faraz Ahmed, “Low-Complexity Bayesian Estimation of Cluster-Sparse Channels,” submitted in IEEE Transactions on Communications.
- Syed Faraz Ahmed, T. Y. Al-Naffouri and A. H. Muqaibel, “Low-Complexity MAP Based Channel Support Estimation for Impulse Radio Ultra-Wide band (IR-UWB) Communications,” 2011 IEEE International Conference on Ultra-Wideband (ICUWB) September 14-16, 2011 Bologna, Italy
- Amar Khoukhi, and Syed Faraz Ahmed, “A genetically modified fuzzy linear discriminant analysis for face recognition.” Journal of the Franklin Institute (2011): 2701-2717.
- Ahmed A. Quadeer, Syed Faraz Ahmed and Tareq Y. Al-Naffouri, “Structure Based Bayesian Sparse Reconstruction Using Non-Gaussian Prior,” Forty-Ninth Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing September 28 – September 30, 2011 Allerton Retreat Center, Monticello, Illinois, USA.
- A. Khoukhi, S. Ahmed, “Fuzzy LDA for face recognition with GA based optimization,” Annual Meeting of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society (NAFIPS), pp.1-6, 12-14 July 2010 at Toronto, Canada
- A. Khan, S. Ahmed, et al., “Digital Attendance Recording System,” International Conference on Information and Emerging Technologies, 2007, pp.1-5, 6-7 July 2007 at Karachi, Pakistan.
- Amar Khoukhi, and Syed Faraz Ahmed, ”Method of performing facial recognition using genetically modified fuzzy linear discriminant analysis,” Patent Number US 8478005, published October 2012.
- Syed Faraz Ahmed and T. Y. Al-Naffouri, ”Low-Complexity Method for Estimating Impulse-Radio UWB Wireless Channels,” Patent Number US 9450786, published September 2016.
Honours and Awards
- Sep. 2016 – to date: Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), Hong Kong